"I felt like if I didn't capture it(the moment), it would be lost forever."-S.C. Shekar, photographer.
Anyway, it's the 31st and August, has come to an end. How very sad, I loved this month! Everything seems much much beautiful this month, and not only the fact I have officially lived on this Earth plane for 18 years.
For me, that is an astounding thing, 18 years. A gift.
It's funny how easily we take our life for granted. How we rarely stop, and stare, and experience everything slowly, and live the moment. I know I have so often taken my life for granted, and my ignorance is something I regret. Sometimes, I want something so badly, or demand for things to be how I want it, I left everything else abandoned, either missing the beauty of it, or forgetting to keep the memories close. Those are moments I deeply regret, because when one moment is gone without it being lived in and captured, it's lost forever. Time is the master of life. Time is everything in life.
A friend once told me, " Why bother live life suffering, when you can enjoy?" And that is precisely what he does all the time. And I envy him for that, the fact he can live so carefree and not care about what other people thinks and being so happy-go-lucky, but at the same time, he didn't abuse that privilege of his. He didn't go doing things that he shouldn't even if he could. It's something I should learn from that best friend of mine.:)
All I'm afraid is I don't live every moment. Afraid of not being able to capture all of it, and like I'm doing now, regret in those years to come. It's part of a reason why I'm so afraid of losing the people I love now. My friends. Many have moved on, and it's pretty hard for me. Because, well, I want to stay close-knit and everything, it will be so fun, you know, when time changes, everything around us changes, but nothing changed between us. And when we notice it, it's pretty awesome. We stay like that like a big happy family. But guess that's all too much to ask. All we remain are fragments of what we used to be last time. Most people don't make an effort. You know they still exist, you ask your friends who still has contact with them, and they say that she or he is doing awesome, but supposingly too awesome to reply a single text, or communicate in one way or another. And yet, they coined the term, "Best Friend." Maybe no more. And that alone, is one moment lost. I can't bring myself to let it go, but I should try. Sometimes I hate myself for being like this. It's their loss?
And yet, it's these memories we shared all this while which makes us a wiser human. And memories are the most beautiful things we possess. It's like our very own story book, a story of a beautiful life. So often we complain, whine about things and how life doesn't go the way we want it, but we didn't see the things it tried to teach us. Life should be lived with a lot of love. Love for anything and everything. I have rambled too often that I have friends who forgot the past and moved on, forgetting everything we have ever shared. But, it's their choice, no? Maybe they were meant to walk into our life, and walk away the next second. If the person really mean something, really should be part of our life, then they will remain here, by our side. Some just walk in and walk away the next instant to teach us a little more about life. It's the memories and experience that matter. That shape us for who we are today. It's something I just realised, yesterday. Just be thankful for those who remain. They are the ones who matter.:)
All that bout of depression and disappointments I fall into, I really should keep them behind. So I can't have everything in life, so what? Nothing is forever, no? But when we experience that everything, we keep them dearly to us, and not forget about them. Okay, so they have all forgotten about the past we shared, that doesn't mean, I have to, too. It has always been my goal everyday, to make at least one person smile. Many times, I have succeeded, sometimes, I fail. I fail at the times I feel the worst, the depressed side of me.
This is life, and we should make the life we lived all this while, a worth one. To have made a change for the greater good in the world. Because, one day, we may have left the world, but our fingerprints and footsteps are still here. Let's make a legacy while possible. Love, live, and laugh? Isn't that what life is about? Cherish life while can. It something, I keep reminding myself. We don't live too long, we don't get to experience everything, and yet we should make the best out of everything. Dreaming, is not a bad thing. It's creating our very own fiction, making it into reality.
A masterpiece from Wesley Chan.:) It's a beautiful short story.
"Our lives are shaped by our experiences. Our experiences are preserved in our memories. But what if we had a chance to remember things that we never actually experienced? "Shell" explores this idea through a quiet conversation. If you could look through a window that softened the edge between reality and fiction, what would you want to see? What would you want to remember?"
And... Happy Independence Day, everybody.:)

No comments:
Post a Comment