This is it. I'm going to begin a new life in two weeks time. A new life? Sounds dramatic, no? Although I do feel that I've gone through the storm and survived. Time for celebration! The thing is, I have successfully enrolled myself in a law school and am looking at a law career path and you have no idea how much I'm dying inside to do so well in this new path. I really really want to do this. And the consultant who helped me enrol today, was amazing. Her words gave off so much confidence and motivation, I feel I can do this. I KNOW I can do this. What can I say, I'm just so excited. Like a child who's been given a new doll.
These few months, the months I've been on break, have been frustrating and plain crazy. Friends who did not do A-Levels for Pre-U, had got themselves enrolled in universities in their respective courses, starting in September. Ditto for some friends who did A-Levels along with me. EVERYONE'S talking about their universities. How they are all excited for the future. How they are all determined to achieve their ambitions.
And then... there's me. Walking around with the feeling of an axe about to drop on my head any moment now. I have zero idea as to what is going to happen to me. What am I going to do. What if my results are too bad to consider any professional course? What if I have to resit my entire A2 examinations? What if my father do me a favour and kill me before I can think of any solutions to my failure? At some point I was so convinced I'm going to fail. Because the scenario kept popping in my head at the randomest of times, over and over again, and in two months, it has convinced me. But, HALLELUJAH! I didn't, and the nightmare I've been dreading, "Please don't make me go back there." did not happen. I am off to a new adventure. My mom can practically see the spring in my steps.
And I've got my mother's blessings, and that's EVERYTHING I could ask for. Her faith. It's what going to keep me moving. My consultant today, Sabrina, had lay out a challenge for me. A chance to prove myself. And I accepted it. 4 years of blood, sweat and tears? I'm up for it. I get pumped up easily, of course. I just wish it could happen. Whatever that I wish for. I don't think I could stand watching myself disappoint my father yet again. It's been long enough.
Sure I can do this. Wish me luck. "I'll do something epic, and they won't forget me, good enough, not good enough for me." :D


No comments:
Post a Comment