The last three weeks have been absolutely crazy, I'm not even exaggerating. I swear, even 'crazy' seems to be an understatement. I have four assignments, and I had to pass up three of them back to back on the Monday of every week. Meaning, I had only one week to research and complete three 3000+ words of essays for three consecutive week. THANK GOD for the holidays, my fourth essay is only to be passed up on the 3rd of January. Thank you, God.
It was exhausting, week after week, each day committed to doing something that increased the mental pressure. But you know what? Exhausting as it may have been, I actually enjoyed it. Because these assignments pushed me to my limits and tested my willpower. No, really. I missed a couple of dinners, an open house and a shopping trip to Pavillion, where I could have shopped for so many things, because of the end-of-the-year sales. But I didn't. Every time I was asked to join in anything, I said no. Not till I finish the work I have yet to be done with. Thinking back, my willpower actually astounded me. I managed to resist a couple of story books as well as the video marathons, that is until I'm done with my work that is. And then, there is the swelling pride of mine. Every time I finish one assignment, you could be sure I would be dancing around my room, smiling like a fool. I swear. Last Sunday, I was done with my Public Law assignment by four in the afternoon, and trust me by my standard, hell, by a law student's standard, that was pretty good. Most people dragged their assignments into the dead of the night, or even, a couple of hours before the deadline at 10 in the morning on Monday. That's quite an achievement on my part. ;) AND AFTER PRINTING, I don't know, I just couldn't stop smiling. I was just feeling gooooood. And then I swooned over Hugh Jackman till the late at night. No shit, I'm serious. Christina was my victim. I made her, yeah, MADE HER listen to my demented fangirling. The MAN'S SO PERFECT WHAT CAN I SAY. He's up there, the level of Christian Bale. You just can't turn away.
Crazy times, crazy times. AND the prayer I do each time I print out my papers, only because I was too lazy to go and buy the cartridges.
At least I can breathe for now. I've been rocking the holiday spirit these few days. Just couldn't stop feeling so happy in my heart. I haven't felt like that for so long, mind you! Everything feels a million times more beautiful than ever. The Christmas spirit. The holiday spirit. The lovely songs I've been entertained with these days. Gabrielle Aplin is amazing! The decor in the shopping malls! Smiles all around. December finally feels like December. :)
I have a two more days of class to brace through, and then holidays, will you be mine? Hahaha. More time to swoon over Hugh Jackman, Christian Bale, Nathan and whoever I come across, I guess. ;)
And more happy dances.
And keeping finger crossed for a magical holiday in the Land of the Rising Sun! Man, that sound dramatic.
Maybe I've just found home at a place I thought I would never love. ;)
Happy December and Happy Holidays, everyone! Lots of love.


No comments:
Post a Comment