Wednesday, January 2, 2013

It's Time To Begin, Isn't It?



2013 is here! I can finally breathe and take in the New Year. I'm done with all the major assignments for the first year. Relief, excitement, happiness, peace. I am prepared to look at all the beautiful, bright and vibrant colours for the year. It's time I should not see the year as just another year. I want to have things done. I want to achieve something. So here's some resolutions which I will put forward but I cannot guarantee that I will have them done. It's bound to fail. Oh, no, I shouldn't allow negativity. But hey, at least I have something to look forward to, a proper state of mind, and knowing my goals. At least I try. And to all the suckers who make fun of people who says that a new year equals new start, you, my friend, need to start living. A new year gives many the hope, the spirit, and belief. Never make fun of that. It's makes a person who they are. If they have resolutions, at least they are living, and making the best of it. At least they are aiming to become a better person. So here's my resolutions, and fingers crossed, I want them to work out.

-2013 is a year for me to prove my worth. Because I've let so many people down last year, I've got to pick up and stand my ground. We Leos' shall never disappoint. ;)

-Lose weight. I mean pretty much A LOT OF PEOPLE probably have the same resolution every single year. I was making a fantastic progress last year July till August, and then somehow I lost the progress, and then in October, I manage to lose more, but then came in the assignments, the crazy stressful times, and I lost control. Temptations. Also it was after Deepavali. Ahhh, LIFE. You drive a hard bargain. AND THE FOOD IN JAPAN. You can't blame me. It was so good.

-I need to smile more, laugh more, talk so much more. As if I'm not doing that already. But you know, last year I held myself a lot. I was insecure. I don't want to face them same old depression again. It gets really tiring. I want to make every second count. And make 'beautiful' the adjective of the year. Because life is just that. :)

-Read more story books. I do read a lot. But this year I don't want to stop. Okay maybe during my finals. But I've read so many good books last year, and a lot of them are pretty eye-opening, it feels great to share feelings through those books. Also I've been more flexible, I've moved on to other genres, getting the feel of things, the feel of life. Feels AMAZING. We've got some great authors out there. I have not exactly abandoned my genre of fantasy/young adult novels, but I see a great reduce where it's concern.

-START PLAYING MY PIANO. I have not touched Merida, my piano for 4 to 5 months now! After years of living on it, I've abandoned it, and I feel bad. I should.Spending just to much time with Cambriel the guitar. Oh, and I've named them, yes. In fact, I've named a lot of my possessions. Feel like home. :)

-This year, I should get working experience during my three months break. Learn something. Understand a lot more about life.

-I want to learn at least one foreign language. I felt completely toothless in Japan with it's foreign language, almost choking. Next time I'm going to country with foreign language, I'll make sure I have learnt the language. At least enough of it to ask questions. I have French, Italian, Spanish, Japanese and Korean on my mind. And it's high time I start speaking Mandarin.

-Blog more. 2011, I blog pretty much everyday. 2012, it became a monthly progress. Well I can try.
-I want to do a piece of art every month. I'll try to stick to this resolution. So I should have at least twelve pieces of art this entire year! Sounds exciting. Hopefully it's doable. It has to be. I want it to.

-Watch a couple of Hugh Jackman and Christian Bale's previous movies which I haven't watched. I have a good record with Christian, I missed out on a couple of Hugh Jackman's box office smashes. UNIFI DON'T FAIL ME.

-Just be myself. AND BE SURE OF WHO I AM. Try not to be put down by others, and carry myself with a sense of pride many others can't achieve. I think if I can do this and put enough effort to hold myself the way I want to without bowing to things that bully me like last year, sure enough I'll be very proud. AND I want to work hard. Harder than ever. Because I know I can if I put my heart into it. It's something I learnt last year. No mountains can be conquered without the effort you put in ya know. :)

There ya go, TEN resolutions to meet up to, ten things to keep my mind set on what I want to do for the year. To meet up to them is one thing, but at least I want to have tried.

I want magic to happen. Magic which only my heart knows of. There's more to life than what you see. In fact, like Rafiki said in The Lion King, "See beyond what you see." 



It's time to begin, isn't it, I'll get a little bit bigger but then, I'll admit, I'm just the same as I was.. Now don't you understand, I'm never changing who I am. 

No comments:

Post a Comment