So, I felt the need to blog twice in a day. The first to let everyone know I am still alive and blooming well, and the second, let's go to some serious stuff. Like, who really is my hero. WHO INSPIRES ME SO MUCH, that I get on every day hoping so much I'll be in his place someday. He struts with some unspoken philosophy, something I saw and understand and I pray to speak that language. He is someone who made me realise that life has it's purposes, YOU, have your purposes. Ignorance is unforgivable, you have a role to serve. And to serve it, to have to create the role and make it your own. He is a man living the reality of the character he plays in those box office hit movies.
And he is, Batman. No seriously, I'm talking about Christian Bale. Christian Charles Philip Bale.Christian finally got to meet activist Chen Guangcheng, who is blind, and presented with him the Human Rights First award.
"A lawyer, Chen was punished by the Chinese government after documenting and speaking out against injustices in the country, including alleged forced abortions." THAT, WORLD, is Chen Guangcheng. A noble soul. A real hero.
As reported, this is the story between Christian Bale and Chen Guangcheng:
'Bale sought to meet him, along with a CNN camera crew, last December when Chen was on house arrest. The actor drove eight hours from Beijing -- where he was celebrating the premiere of his film "Flowers of War" -- to Dongshigu. There he was met by a group of unidentified Chinese security officers. The officers clearly did not want Bale and the crew getting close to Chen, deterring them with physical force. When Bale and the crew decided to leave peacefully, the officers continued to chase them by car.
Chen escaped house arrest earlier this year, seeking refuge at China's U.S. embassy, which ignited a diplomatic crisis. Chen was eventually allowed to leave China with his family and now resides in New York where he is studying law at NYU. He also has a memoir due out next year.'
And would you believe that. I read this, and it broke my heart. To think there are amazing people like these men in real life, and yet what we doing with our life? At times it makes me feel, put down, you know? It has always been my biggest dream to achieve that position in life where I could help and stand up for people. I've been reading and watching injustices happening each day, and yet there is nothing I could do. Occasionally I stand up for someone who needs the support, even with the words hurled at my way, I was still proud I did it. Even if it creates the strain in some valuable relationship I have with people. This, is true. It breaks my heart to see that particular person being bullied almost every day, and I do my best. But at times, I feel that it is not enough. I am not enough of a person to stand up for another. Makes me feel inferior. And that is why Christian Bale is such an inspiration. Another person who has won me, is Adam Levine. Trust me, I am not the person to be swooning over Adam Levine because he's hot. I have Fernando Torres for that. But some things Adam says on The Voice, tears me up. Because it's so powerful. Like when the 16 year old didnt impress the judges with his performance, but his heart-rendering story and life struggles touches all of us, Adam said something really powerful there. "You were way better than I was at your age." If that doesn't give hope, I don't know what does. And the time when he stood up for De'borah during the battle rounds, saying what she need to hear, the real motivation for someone who doesn't fit in society, that is incredible.
Back to Christian Bale, what he did was incredible. China needed a hero to look up to, and Christian Bale standing up for Chen Guangcheng is everything an activist needed. The needed the fire for his cause. God knows how much the world needs of men like these. In fact we all need more real life Batmans around. And no one said you can't be one.
.jpg)

Bale's a symbol! :D
ReplyDeleteI found your blog accidentally, and it seems to be interesting. Keep in touch.
Love.
xoxoxo