Friday, January 7, 2011

Life As I Know It

Boredom. It's practically eating me up. The same boring rut day after day.. Now seriously? I have this strong urge now to just ram the keys and drive the car out of the driveway. But I can't. Because I haven't even started driving! Aaargh, my sad, pathetic life. But on the 18th, I'll be saying adiós to this rut, and hola college! For those people out there, who are waiting for their results before college, and not planning to work, did I say I'm sorry for you?:)

As you know that life as I know it is just downright boring, my school days seemed to be haunting me alot. Form 5 all I can say was plain torturous, but Form 4 would be one year I would LOVED to go back to. That was one year we took everything for granted, at least I did, and things were so much more fun!
Less pressure.
More laughs.
And sitting next to a crazy person like Lai Siew Ern? Those were AWESOME moments. Heck, I actually sat next to her for TWO years! And now I desperately miss her. I don't even KNOW where is she. That got me kinda of mad. In fact, I still am. SHE said she would kill me if I didn't get in touch always, har har, but what do we have now?! Dear Lai Siew Ern, if you EVER read this, you should know how mad I am of you.=P 

Last Monday, on the first day of school, I followed my aunt to school. My youngest cousin brother, the little devil, is starting his Standard One. As my aunt and uncle were bustling getting my cousin to his class, trying to persuade him in a failed attempt not to cry any louder, I sat back and observed everything around me.( Trust me, I am so not good at the persuasion department, it's better if I just shut up). 
And man, it was totally hard to believe I was actually a Standard One pupil 11 years ago! And yet, I still remembered my first day like it was yesterday. I remembered NOT crying on that day when many did, I remembered how my dad and I got lost searching for the class, we went all the blocks, all the floors only to find the class was the first one directly below the school office, and we actually passed that particular class a million time and yet we didn't realise it, and I remember mom waiting outside the class like most parents did towards the end of school that day. 
Being the first child with two younger brothers, AND the first grandchild of my maternal grandparents, I was really lost in a lot of things in my life. My parents didn't have really close friends with older children to consult to either. Still, I'm proud to say I found my way throughout my life, and hey, I'm seventeen going on eighteen now and am bracing myself for college life next.
Back to the story with my cousin's school, I expected a different scenario. Instead, I found more kids crying.
 Now, really, technology advancement and all ought to put a stop to that, no? I mean, kids these days, seriously, they seem way more intelligent in doing stuffs and not to mention the words they say, than we ever were. My little devil of a cousin was a smart-mouth, that annoying brat. But I was wrong. They didn't even understand what was the teacher trying to say during the morning assembly! Sad. And there was this little kid who came into school an hour later wailing with his dad carrying him in his arms. Haha. Those kids. But that was a fun experience. Watching kids bracing themselves on the first day of school. I don't think I will ever get to do it anymore. Their dread clearly etched on their face, carrying those school bags which some are way bigger than their owner! Carrying those water bottles of different shapes and colours...

Which only reminds me of my very own dread of going to college. It's like back to the first day of school, in a new school.:S I need loads of luck, aaah.

Someone, pretty much a genius really, gave me this advice:

Life is like a game. Play your cards well with patience and giving in a little and you'll win for sure. It's okay to make mistakes, but learn from it.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment