Thursday, July 14, 2011

Skyscraper

Do you have to make me feel like there's nothing left in me?

I am a great fan of Demi Lovato. Because, she's.. different, talented, brilliant. And genuine. And just so amazing. I listened to her every song, play it over and over again in my iPod, and when she went through a rough time in her life, I prayed for her recovery. And her story, is one that brings tears. Since a child, she went through bullying, pain no child would want to face, she even had to beg her mom to get her out of school and be homeschooled. And she faced depression, pain, pain and pain even till now, when she's almost 19. Eating disorders. Insecurities. Self-harming. She is a truly remarkable person, but life never is fair. And mostly, I know what it's like to have gone through all her pain, and shed all the tears she had. I know exactly how it is.
She had a rehab stint, to turn her life around, and she's back. I was anticipating for days, the release of her new single, Skyscraper. And it was one of the most beautiful song I have heard. Many might disagree with me, but the song means so much to me. Because, maybe I can relate to it. And not just me alone, but many others too. The song hit the number 1 spot on iTunes the on the first day. And she sang the song, with pure, raw, emotions. There's just to much injustice to life, but it's what it is, right? Life. Silly as it sounds, I was in tears when I heard the song, but after I watch the music video, I felt even more so. Demi Lovato is amazing. She created a masterpiece of a song through her pain, because like Ray said, "Pain can be beautiful?" This is different, of course. Because strength is what we all need. Injustice, expectations, misjudgement, mistaken, misunderstood, left out, and all the raw pain. I know what is it. Skyscraper. It's a belief.




All my windows, still are broken, but I'm standing on my feet.

2 comments:

  1. Awww another one of my awesome quotes. "Pain can be BEAUTIFUL" although I wasn't referring to something good (Since Voon Yiann got hurt HAHAHAHA).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahah! You saw that! Yes, I remember. Pain can be beautiful. Lol.

    ReplyDelete