And what has happened now? No, I am not getting lazy (I think) but it's because my laptop.. is not in a usable state. How. Very. Tragic. It irks me not being able to use it like I used to, and Daddy's not helping either. He's not bothered to bring it to the shop. Ergh.
So anyway, here's an update about last few days. (My blog has turned into a weekly journal, how wonderful.)
But seeing as how the last few days went,. I doubt I could have updated my blog anyway, so... yeah.
Sunday. Was the day we had our Deepavali open house. And honestly, it was one of the best ever. I'm not bragging, it was for real! I usually find the open houses my dad had over the years, simply not that fun. It was all.. blah you know. People come, people eat, people talk, people leave. But this year, my dad planned it amazingly, and I am so proud of him. You are awesome, dad!
1st: The great food.
This year we decided on a change in caterers. We got SICK with the last one, in fact the last caterer we had, the waiters in service actually STOLE my dad's wine bottles, when they were packing. Hello, get your own one! So yeah, my dad decided to go on this famous caterer this year, which is normally hard to reach as they are always busy and jam-packed with various functions, but the early bird got the worm. The food, was fantastic! I am so in love with the mutton and prawns, that I solemnly swear I won't be having anymore mutton for the next three months only because I had too much of it last Sunday. And the drinks! I never liked drinks served at ANY functions, only cause they are too diluted with water and practically.. tasteless. When my dad said he ordered ice lemon tea, I was pretty much doubtful. On that day, Christina got the first sip and she loved it, and it wasn't until Vincent said the drinks were so good, they tasted like honey, I was itching to get some. ( In truth, I can't because I am still sick, you see.) But I got a cup (or two, anyway.) And paid the price with worse headaches later that night. Oh well.
2nd: The decorations.
My dad, is a genius. At first, I was like What the hell? when they brought the canopy in. The colour this year was pink, PINK! I stared at my dad. Why pink? Not striking enough?? My dad just turned his head. Oh gosh. And only at night I realised, how beautiful it was. Because it had those white lights like the ones on Christmas trees around it, it was really beautiful. And the tables had those rose-coloured cloths and even the chairs had covers. Mom shook her head and asked my dad if it's necessary. But it was really beautiful. Even if I had to say so myself.
3rd: Guests!
We invited 100+ guests, and only 2 families couldn't make it. The rest were there, and everyone had such a good time, I'm sure. Hahah. All my relatives, friends and most neighbours were there, and everyone socialised pretty well, together. My dad's family alone was so freakin' huge. My retarded dudes from Taylors', were there too. They got the sideyard of the house to themselves, and the jokes! I was really happy these people actually made it, I feel so loved! Hahah. Funny, I invited some ex-schoolmates, but it's either they rejected the invitation straight (to my face) or they never got back to me. Someone, should tell 'em that it's pretty rude to do such things. Besides it was a public holiday, the next day. Mom asked me, "Your mgs schoolmates didn't come?" I was like, "err no, they said they couldn't make it." Mom was like, "Never mind lah, it's okay. Don't bother about them." Ouch.:) Amalina meanwhile was in Terengganu celebrating Hari Raya Aidil Adha. Anyway, Vincent, Bryan, Brian, Chris, Wei Sze and Chia made it, and seriously these idiots! I heart them! And my childhood best friends were there too. Deepa, Thullashah and Sonia. I couldn't have been more grateful. I spent so much time this Deepavali with all three of them, I realised. I remember how Sean was like, "Ehh where are the Taylors' girls? Next time, send me the list of Taylors' girls you know through Facebook, and I'll approve of their invitation." That dude was so highhh that night! Lol. I met loads of new people, some friendly as they are, some not very. My neighbours were AWESOME. But above it all, Torres was in the spotlight on that day. The little lion wants attention as much as a vain girl on the red carpet!
4th: Music.
We had 'Sexy And I Know It' blaring from the speakers that night. What do you expect. Thank you Suren anne for getting your laptop at the very last minute. Oh else the party would be another bore. The music was a big plus point.
5th: The weather.
We were praying the entire week in hopes it wouldn't rain. EVERYTHING will be ruined, if it did. And thank you God, it did not. It did when EVERYONE, even the least of my relatives and Deepa's family left at... midnight. That was a miracle at work. It rained like every single night, but Sunday night alone, it was delayed.
There, all the plus points behind the awesome open house. So much fun.:) And we have three more open houses invitations from relatives over the next 3 weeks. Who said Deepavali was over?
The next day was awesome too. Dim sum buffet at Holiday Villa, Subang Jaya with my awesome Uncle and Aunty. And I'm a lil' too lazy to break into more details, but but but these are few of the fun times I've had these entire year, so me listing all the details? Forgive me. I get a lil' too excited when exciting things happen. Hahah. And I really should be studying now. It's Wednesday already! Next paper is next Monday. #Killme
There's a lot of valuable lessons to be learnt out there, and each day, I'm learning something new. Everyday I sit under the stars or the vast blue skies, and I think about stuffs, astounded at how much I've learnt til today. I just hope I've learnt it right.
P.S-Christian Bale is looking dashing as ever as the dapper Bruce Wayne. I can't wait for this movie! Oh, Bruce Wayne.:)
Darren Bent says that, Fernando Torres is the best striker in the English Premier League, because a Fernando at his best is a Fernando unstoppable. (Oh shut up, your argument is invalid, I don't even want to hear it.)

No comments:
Post a Comment