Do you forget about your closest friends, YOUR BEST FRIENDS, the ones you swore will be friends for life, the moment a guy enters your life? I can't believe some people still choose love over friendship. Not that it's a completely bad thing, but in some ways, friendship is a real thing. In fact, when you're in a relationship, you should value your friendship with the guy or girl first, before holding on to love. Because it's that friendship that builds the bridges, love could fatally create walls, and wars.
Had a friend, a best friend, whom I loved so much, for years at school. We shared so much memories we had in that big family we built while in school, and she was always the sensible one. Until she found a guy. Sure, he means the world to her, I was happy for her, when she had problems at the start of her blossoming relationship, I was there to listen. Now, she's no longer here. All she cares about is him.
I texted her, I get short replies.
I wall posted her, she only likes my posts, no reply.
And my birthday, she didnt wish me yesterday. Instead, she wall posted today, as Weng Ming put in, just like another random friend, and moved on. Saying she forgot.
That gesture alone, broke me. I know I should care more about those who made the effort, to go out of their way to celebrate my birthday.. Then I remember, she used to do it too. Last year. The year before. What if the people around me now, do the same?
I don't know if I can face this change. Because it isn't fair.
A simple text, which take no longer than a minute, would have at least been comforting. But people change, people change. You abandon those you were there those years, in a matter of months, after meeting someone else. You leave those memories behind. And that, is how you live a sad life. You leave everything behind, you didn't hold onto them, like you should. Many are like that, huh? They don't know how to live, or what is even the point of living. To fall in love with a guy and all you can think is him, and forgot those who had been nice to you? I don't think so.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment